From the 1st Social Innovation Competition 2012
The “SOCIAL INNOVATION 2012” competition was organized by Fund 05 – a social investment institution in cooperation with SKUP, Brez profit and ŠENT.
The competition received 43 applications for social innovations, among which the commission selected five finalists.
The winners were decided on 18 October 2012 (the first day of the 3rd Days of the Social Economy) by a five-member international commission (representatives of Merism Capital from Great Britain, NESsTa from Croatia, HUB Vienna from Austria and two representatives of Fund 05) with 70% of the vote. in the remaining part (30%) the participants of the conference decided on the basis of presentations of socially innovative projects.
We managed to increase the prize fund in Fund 05 at the event itself with a contribution from a social investor to EUR 6,000 .
Final ranking and prizes – first place and the title of the winner of the competition “Social Innovation 2012” won two projects:
Winners: Both winners received prizes worth 2,000 EUR (prize awarded by Fund 05 in cooperation with Charity Aid Foundation – CAF), the possibility of 6 months of incubation in Social Innovation Park Bilbao (Spain) and free participation in the Investment Ready Program (IRP) at HUB Vienna.
Irena Tomažin – Kaleidoscope – Healthy Soup project
Healthy soup includes a range of delicious and nutritious soups prepared from fresh ingredients of local organic origin; Part of the revenue from the sale of soups is intended for the implementation of the Healthy Soup in Kindergartens project, within which we strive to ensure that Healthy Soup is also on the children’s menu in the kindergarten at least one day a week.
Marko Cerar – Energy Rich Home project
A home can be energy rich only if we treat energy at home efficiently, rationally and wisely. In our company, we will train unemployed people with the appropriate prior knowledge to become energy consultants. They will offer energy consulting in households and sell gadgets and materials. Key advantage: application for situation analysis.
The commission ranked the other finalists:
use of 10 free counseling hours, within the project Social Innovators of the Future.
Vita Pivka Association – project Let’s help (ourselves and others)
Based on many years of experience during the implementation of the project HELP (yourself and others) in practice, we have compiled a basic set of HELP (yourself and others) – OPSD to help with injuries and to alleviate many unpleasant situations, which is easy to use and convenient packaging generations and also for vulnerable groups.
one-month free use of the workspace of the Social Innovators of the Future.
CareDesign – connection systems – MATIA Cooperation Platform project
Establishment of a communication platform where a personal approach connects the needs of the elderly through a network of voluntary organizations and a call center by offering mutual assistance, volunteering, NGOs and socially responsible entrepreneurship, which instead of the traditional marketing method invests in supporting voluntary organizations.
free participation in the training for social entrepreneurs organized by the Social Innovators of the Future.
Trump Foundation – project Blind and visually impaired in an aware society
In Ljubljana, the blind and visually impaired have difficulty seeing sights. Therefore, during the tourist tour, the idea arose, which passed into the initial phase, to bring the sights of Ljubljana closer to the blind and visually impaired. The blind and visually impaired benefit the most, which can also include the elderly. Buyers of wooden signs can be all MO and travel agencies and other interested users. We make wooden models in 3d dimensions so that the blind and visually impaired can actually take them in their hands and make it easier to imagine a landmark by touch. Procedure: we photograph the sights, put them in the 3D dimension, pour them into plasterboard and copy them on wooden boards, where the landmark is cut out or. stick.