The initiativeAcross Europe, social innovators are working towards solving today’s biggest challenges set forth by the Sustainable Development Goals. As new models of business, formal and informal innovations taking place are a positive force committed to shaping our better future. However, access to funding, skills and networks remains a critical barrier to entry for aspiring entrepreneurs and social enterprises whose ideas hold the potential to solve local issues. This is why, through Social Tides, we commit to empowering a diversity of ideas, and the people behind them, to build the capacity and capabilities of Europe’s social innovation economy. We can accomplish far more together, than we can alone. And together, we can accelerate progress towards a more inclusive, sustainable and resilient European future for all.
In a 8-month program, social enterprises (SE) that are already in their MVP stage will be equipped with the necessary practical knowledge to achieve Product Market Fit and beyond. INCO will act as the enabler to help them scale up as a startup while facilitating their positive impacts on the SDGs.
- Company registration: Your startup should be registered in Europe. Priority will be given to startups registered in the following countries: France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovenia and Spain
Targets European Union markets and customers/users
Core mission aligned with UN SDGs
- Innovation stage: Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage and working towards Product/Market Fit (PMF)
- Ambition: Applicants need a proof of concept that is able to clearly articulate their idea and vision, why it is relevant and how it will help bring about positive change to an urgent societal problem while achieving profitability.
- Impact: Your proposal should explain the issues your project is tackling and to what extent it is helping resolve them. It should provide details of how you will execute your project and how this will create positive effects on and/or for your area of focus.
- Proximity: Your application should include your personal connection to the challenge you’re working to solve. We’re looking for start-ups with experience; those who are working with, and on behalf of, their communities.
- Feasibility: Big ideas are welcome but your solution should be realistic and well-defined in its scope and approach. We are looking for teams and management which is strong and flexible enough to implement the proposed project
- Scalability: We seek ideas that have potential for scale. Ideas that can be implemented effectively and sustainably within your organisation, across your area of focus and beyond.