Terms of Service
This policy outlines the terms of service between you and Fund 2740. This agreement outlines several standard policies that allow us to run our website for you. If you have any questions about our terms of service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using this website you acknowledge and agree that you are at least eighteen years of age, legally competent, and that you are entering into a legally binding contract with Fund 2740 governing your use of the Site, which contract includes all Supplementary Terms. If you are an individual accepting this Agreement on behalf of an agency or entity, you warrant that you have the legal right to accept this Agreement on behalf of such agency or entity and that the agency or entity will also be bound by this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that a printed version of this Agreement and/or any electronic communication from Fund 2740 shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement and/or your use of the Site to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
2. Amendment. Fund 2740 reserves the right to modify this Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion by posting an announcement of such changes on the Site, along with the revised Agreement marked to show the date of last revision. By continuing to use the Site after such changes are posted, you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the Agreement as modified.
3. Modification, Suspension, and/or Cancellation. Fund 2740 reserves the right to modify the Site, and change, suspend, or discontinue providing all or part of the content or functionality of the Site in its sole discretion, with or without notice. You agree that Fund 2740 shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such actions.
5. Copyright, Ownership: We are committed to transparency, openness, and respect for all people’s rights—a philosophy that extends to the content on this site.
All of the content featured or displayed on the Website (“Content”) is owned by the Fund 2740, its licensors and/or its Content providers. All elements of the Website, including without limitation the design and the Content, are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property. The Content owned by the Fund 2740 (i.e., all design elements, text, graphics, toolkits, resources and arrangements) is licensed.
6. Rules of Conduct. Your use of the Site is expressly conditioned on your responsible and lawful participation in the Site community. Accordingly, and without limiting the foregoing:
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with this Agreement and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including without limitation, embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports.
- Any information you provide in connection with your use of the Site must be true, accurate, and complete at the time provided, and you will maintain, update, and correct such information regularly.
You agree that you will not post, transmit, distribute, publish, use, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
- Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortuous; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic, offensive, or otherwise objectionable, in all cases as determined by Fund 2740 in its sole discretion;
- Anything that is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, moral rights, or other proprietary right without authorization from the rights-owner;
- Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability; that encourages violence or other conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about violent, offensive, or illegal activities;
- Any hardware, software, equipment, virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that may: (a) harm Fund 2740 or invade, harm, disrupt or hijack the operation of the Site; (b) mislead or harm any third party; (c) monitor access to or use of the Site by others;
- Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme,” communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any user, or any other form of solicitation;
You agree that you will not use the Site to:
- Engage in fraudulent or unlawful activities of any kind;
- Defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal, privacy, publicity, or other rights of others;
- Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; or assert or imply that Fund 2740 or any Site user endorses any statement you make;
- Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or any servers, hardware, or software used in connection with the Site;
- Transfer or copy any protected material, content or information made available through any restricted portion of the Site to any non-restricted portion of the Site or to any public forum;
- Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site.
You agree that you will not, without our express written consent:
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, or for any purposes that are competitive with Fund 2740, any element of the Site, including any information or materials made available on or through the Site;
- Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any element of the Site;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or any materials posted on or originating from the Site;
- Frame or mirror any element of the Site;
- Systematically download Site content to create a separate database;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” “harvest” or in any way gather Site content, or reproduce or circumvent its navigational structure or presentation;
- Advertise, promote, market, or offer to sell or buy any goods or services on or through the Site;
- Use the Site to solicit funding, grants, or financial assistance of any kind without an explicit invitation by the donor, or to distribute funds, seek grant proposals, or issue requests for proposals
7. License. Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Fund 2740 hereby grants to you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to access and use the Site and download and print the content and information on or made available through the Site (provided that you keep all copyright or other proprietary notices intact on such content and information), solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not republish such content or information on any other Internet, Intranet or Extranet site or incorporate the content or information in any other database or compilation. Any other use of the Site or content and information is strictly prohibited. Fund 2740 reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site and its content and information and all intellectual property rights therein (including the trademarks and service marks on the Site).
8. Monitoring. You acknowledge and agree that Fund 2740 may, in its sole discretion, but has no obligation to: (i) monitor any user-posted information or content (including Submissions); (ii) post, alter, remove, or refuse to post any user-provided content; and/or (iii) disclose the content of any Submission as well as any other information about such Submission or the circumstances surrounding the transmission, posting, or use of such Submission to you or any third party; in all cases as appropriate in Fund 2740’s sole discretion: to operate the Site; protect the rights and properties of Fund 2740 and third parties; to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests; to enforce this Agreement; and/or for any other legitimate reason or purpose. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that Fund 2740 is not responsible for screening, policing, editing or monitoring any such user content. If notified of allegedly infringing, defamatory, damaging, illegal or offensive conduct, Fund 2740 may investigate the allegation and determine, in its sole discretion, whether to remove or request the removal of such user content from the Site. However, Fund 2740 cannot ensure prompt editing or removal of questionable user content after online posting. Accordingly, Fund 2740 shall not assume any liability for user content or third party conduct, communication or information on the Site.
9. Links and Online Listings. From time-to-time Fund 2740 may post and/or may permit you, other Site users or third parties to post on the Site (a) links to third party sites (“Links”) or (b) listings regarding the availability of relevant products or services (“Listings”). Such Links and Listings are provided subject to Section 14 below, and WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. You acknowledge and agree that Fund 2740 does not control or endorse any information, products, or services made available via Links or Listings, and is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, quality, or legality of any such information, products, or services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the information, opinions, advice or other content available through the Links or Listings, whether posted or provided by third parties or by Fund 2740. Fund 2740 may remove any Links or Listings at any time for any reason or for no reason.
[Fund 2740 WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRANSACTIONS YOU CONDUCT WITH THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING THE TERMS, CONDITIONS OR RESULTS OF ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Fund 2740 CANNOT CONTROL WHETHER AND HOW ANY DONATIONS ARE MADE OR USED BY ANY THIRD PARTY. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY REGARDING ANY THIRD PARTY PROMISES (INCLUDING PROMISED OR PLEDGED DONATIONS), PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, YOU RELEASE FUND 2740 (AND ITS RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS, SPONSORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUPPLIERS AND MEMBERS) FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTES.]
11. Limitations of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND ALL INFORMATION, SERVICES, LINKS, OR OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIVING DESCRIBED AND/OR AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR, ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ON OR THROUGH ANY LINK OR LISTING. FUND 2740 DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE; PROJECTS, FUNDRAISERS, REGISTRIES OR OTHER OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIVING DESCRIBED, FEATURED, AND/OR AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE; THE USE OF DONATION FUNDS PROMISED OR PLEDGED; AND ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ON OR THROUGH ANY LINK OR LISTING, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE.
FUND 2740 SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY (INCLUDING DETRIMENTAL RELIANCE), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA, LOSS OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OR ANY OTHER PARTY’S USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF FUND 2740 FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE € 100 EUROS.
WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SITE WILL BE OR REMAIN SECURE, COMPLETE OR CORRECT, THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE, OR THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, BUGS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. THE SITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES, ERRORS AND MATERIALS THAT VIOLATE OR CONFLICT WITH THIS AGREEMENT. ADDITIONALLY, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIRD PARTIES MIGHT MAKE UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATIONS TO THE SITE.
12. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Fund 2740 and its respective successors, sponsors, employees, officers, directors, affiliates, agents, representatives, suppliers and members, from and against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you; (c) your violation of any rights of any other person or entity while using the Site; or (d) information provided by you through the Site.
13. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Fund 2740, in its sole discretion, may terminate your access to or use of the Site and/or Services, at any time and for any reason or no reason, including if Fund 2740 believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination, your right to use the Site will immediately cease. You agree that any termination of your access to or use of the Site may be affected without prior notice, and that Fund 2740 may immediately deactivate or delete your User ID, and all related information and files associated with such credentials including, without limitation, your Submissions, and/or bar any further access to such information or files. You agree that Fund 2740 shall not be liable to you or any third party for terminating this Agreement and/or terminating your access to the Site. Nor shall Fund 2740 have any obligation to make information or files associated with the Site available to you after any such termination.
14. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Slovenian laws.
The Site is hosted and operated in, and made available from the Slovenia. Fund 2740 does not represent or warrant that the Site or any element thereof is appropriate, available, or legal for use in any jurisdiction other than the Slovenia. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
15. Copyright Notice: All design elements, text, graphics and arrangements are Copyright © 2022, Fund 2740, some rights reserved.
16. Business Transfers. Fund 2740 may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your personal information and Submissions, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
17. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Fund 2740. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is inserted only as a matter of convenience, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. This, together with all policies referred to herein, is the entire Agreement between you and Fund 2740 relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Fund 2740 relating to such subject matter. Notices to you may be made via posting to the Site or by e-mail in our sole discretion. Fund 2740 will not be responsible for failures to fulfil any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
18. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning of application of this Agreement, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include your EIN, bank routing, credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us.
LAST MODIFIED: April 20, 2022