The initiativeAcross Europe, social innovators are working towards solving today’s biggest challenges set forth by the Sustainable Development Goals. As new models of business, formal and informal innovations taking place are a positive force committed to shaping our better future. However, access to funding, skills and networks remains a critical barrier to entry for aspiring entrepreneurs and social enterprises whose ideas hold the potential to solve local issues. This is why, through Social Tides, we commit to empowering a diversity of ideas, and the people behind them, to build the capacity and capabilities of Europe’s social innovation economy. We can accomplish far more together, than we can alone. And together, we can accelerate progress towards a more inclusive, sustainable and resilient European future for all.
- You are 18+ years of age
- You have the legal ability to work and register a company in your home country
- You can provide a national ID, proof of residence and vetted bank account details for reception of the cash grant
- At this stage, applications are open to individuals based in France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Slovenia and Spain
- Your idea needs to target at least one European country
- Motivation: We’re looking for applicants who recognise their own potential; individuals who see their previous educational, professional or personal experience as part of their ongoing social entrepreneurship journey.
- Ambition: Social Tides applicants should be able to clearly articulate their idea and vision, why it is relevant and how it will help bring about positive change to an urgent societal problem.
- Feasibility: Your proposal should be realistic in its scope and approach. We are looking for promising projects which are well-defined, to be able to benefit most from our program.
- Proximity: Your application should include your personal connection to the challenge you’re working to solve. We’re looking for individuals who are working with, and on behalf of, their communities.
29 Aug – 23 Sep